ROUND TABLE : Opening A Business Bank Account In Luxembourg - Understanding The Obstacles
Heure et lieu
Details about the event
Since 2016 Touchpoints has been supporting migrant entrepreneurs in Luxembourg. One challenge has proven to be widespread among project holders: the difficulty to access professional banking services for their project. Many entrepreneurs report difficulties to open a bank account for their professional activity and sometimes have to turn to less secure online banking providers just to be able to accept payments from their clients.
At this round table, we'll discuss how migrant entrepreneurs can effectively prepare their application to a bank and document their project and transactions. We try to understand why it is so difficult for entrepreneurs in Luxembourg, and migrant/refugee entrepreneurs in particular, to access basic banking services like a current account, web banking and card payments. We will also discuss what can be done about it and how entrepreneurs can improve their application. Though access to bank loans will NOT be a main topic at this event, questions can be asked by the audience.
The event is directed towards recent immigrants to Luxembourg (particularly refugees, asylum seekers and third country nationals) who want to start a business in Luxembourg and face particular challenges in accessing basic banking services for their businesses.
The Event is in ENGLISH. We provide direct translation in FRENCH, ARABIC, FARSI and TIGRINYA. There will be time to ask questions.
We are very happy to confirm our guests for the round table :
- Jérémie OGÉ - Direction LBC/FT at the Ministry of Justice | LinkedIn Profile
- Catherine BOURIN - Member of the Management Board from The Luxembourg Bankers' Association (ABBL) | LinkedIn Profile
- Claude HANSEN - Chief of the Commercial Department at POST Luxembourg | LinkedIn Profile
- Catherine WURTH - Head of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) at BGL BNP Paribas | LinkedIn Profile
- Uyi NOSA-ODIA - Entrepreneur & Coach for Touchpoints asbl | LinkedIn Profile
Location is kindly provided by our partner the Luxembourg Chamber of Crafts : Chambres des Métiers
- 4.00 pm - Introductions by Mr. Tom Wirion, Director of the Chamber of Crafts
- 4.20 pm - Presentations by the panelists
- 5.00 pm - First round of questions by the moderator (Fabienne Colling from Touchpoints)
- 5.20 pm - Questions from the audience
- 6.00 pm - Closing remarks
PRACTICAL INFORMATION : To access the event you must provide a COVIDCHECK CERTIFICATE. Please come early (from 3.00 pm) to make sure there is no delay in scanning. Closest parking: Auchan (paid). Closest bus stop: Chambre des Métiers.
Also present to the event with a stand and open for questions will be our partners from :
- MICROLUX - Microcredit & coaching for entrepreneurs (https://microlux.lu/)
- EVEREST by Snapswap - Banking made easy (https://everestcard.com/)
You can send your questions/testimonies beforehand at firstname.lastname@example.org